Austin Landscape Supplies engineered wood fiber playground mulch meets current United States playground surfacing guidelines established by the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (USCPS), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM).
PLAY-GROUND, Austin Landscape Supplies Playground Engineered Wood Fiber (EWF) has been tested to comply to the following:
- ASTM F2075-20 Section 8 – This test method quantifies toxic heavy metal content of the engineered wood fibers. It is possible for children on a playground to handle or even ingest fibers in the mouth, hence the need to determine the presence of heavy metals.
- ASTM F2075-15 Section 9.5 – This test method determines the presence of tramp metals embedded in the wood fibers. Injury could occur from a fall or contact with a sharp metal object protruding from the fiber.
- ASTM F2075-20 Section 7 – This test method determines the particle size of the wood fiber type material which provides data indicating sufficient porosity for drainage, yet, provide large enough particle size to limit compaction and maintain resiliency, but limit oversize pieces which could lead to injury.
- ASTM F1951-21 – Standard Specification for Determination of Accessibility of Surface Systems Under and Around Playground Equipment. Our material meets/exceeds both the straight line and turning propulsion requirements.
- ASTM F1292 – Standard Specification for Impact Attenuation of Surfacing Materials Within the Use Zone of Playground Equipment.
PLAY-GROUND Austin Landscape Supplies Playground Engineered Wood Fiber (EWF) is all natural and does not contain any harmful chemicals or wood preservatives. It is manufactured from fresh green wood sourced locally from our Leander Recycling center.
We are able to provide copies of the testing reports for review, as needed.